Link 2 Life is in no way responsible or liable for the outcome of any emergency situation that involves training that any of our students, past or present, have received. Link 2 Life is in no way responsible or liable for how our training is used in any emergency situation.
NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. CANCELLATIONS MADE WITH NO LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTICE TO THE CLASS WILL BE RESCHEDULED ONE TIME TO TAKE A MAKE UP CLASS WITHIN THE NEXT 30 DAYS. WE WILL NOT RESCHEDULE NO-SHOWS.
Please dress appropriately for the class. A sweater may be needed.
"Good Samaritan" Laws
"Good Samaritan" Laws follow the same basic principle:
"...You act in good faith, are neither reckless nor negligent, act as a prudent person would, and only provide care that is in the scope of your training. You must not abandon a victim once you have initiated care, and you cannot accept anything in return for your services."
These laws vary from state to state. Therefore, you should check with a legal service or your local library to determine the extent to which these laws protect you.
California "Good Samaritan" Laws
According to Sections 1766 & 1767, Article 4, Chapter 130, of the California Health and Safety Code:
"In order to encourage local agencies and other organizations to train people in emergency medical services, no local agency, entity of state or local emergency medical services, no local private organization which sponsors, authorizes, supports, finances, or supervises the training of people,....in emergency medical services shall be liable for any civil damages alleged to result from such training programs."
In order to encourage people to participate in emergency medical services training programs and to render emergency medical services to others, no person who in good faith renders emergency care at the scene of an emergency shall be liable for any act or omission."
Thus, a person has full immunity for helping another in an emergency situation, even if the person being helped is injured further or dies while being helped. The rescue attempt is an act of mercy and has complete immunity from civil suit under the law.
For information regarding the specific Good Samaritan Law(s) of your particular state, please visit your state's Health & Safety web site or your local library, or consult with a legal service.
Web Site Warranty
Link 2 Life does not warrant the completeness, timeliness, or accuracy of any of the data and/or programs ("information") available at this web site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, included, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, or non-infringement.
Web Site Disclaimer
In no event will Link 2 Life or its affiliates be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special, or other consequential damages for any use of or reliance upon the information found at this web site, or on any other linked web site, including, without limitation, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs, or other data, even if Link 2 Life.com is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website. Using this website confirms your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Do not use this website if you do not accept these terms and conditions.
(1) Use of this Website: The website design and all text, graphics, information, content, and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this website are the property of Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. and/or a third-party, including but not limited to www.link2life.com, and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with the prior written permission of the owner of such material. You may not modify the information or materials located on this website in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute, or otherwise use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorized use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations.
(2) Intellectual Property: All copyrights on this site are owned by Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. and/or a third party, including but not limited to www.link2life.com, who allowed Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. to use such copyrights on this website. Assume that everything you read or view on this website is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. or some third party who has allowed Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. the right to use such material. You may not copy or use anything on this website without the prior written consent of Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC.; provided, however, you may print individual pages for your own personal, non-commercial use. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. and its logo are trademarks of Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. and may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, used, modified, or distributed in any way without the prior written permission of Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC.. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. makes no warranties or representations that your use of any materials displayed on this website will not infringe any third-party rights.
(3) Products, content, and specifications: All features, content, specifications, products, and prices of products described on this website are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain measures and descriptions are approximate and are provided only for your convenience. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. makes all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of its products, including the applicable colors. The actual color you see, however, may depend on your computer system and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services on this website at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from this website. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner.
(4) Shipping Limitations: When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this website. All purchases from this website are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from this website pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. You are responsible for filing any claims with carriers for damaged and/or lost shipments.
(5) Accuracy of Information: Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. attempts to ensure that information on this website is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or recentness of any information on this website. For example, products included may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on the website. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by e-mail, the receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
(6) Linking to this Website: Creating or maintaining any link from another website to any page on this website without Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this website or any material displayed on this website in frames or through similar means on another website without Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to this website must comply will all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
(7) Third Party Links: This website may contain links to websites that are not owned, operated, or controlled by Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC.. All such links are provided solely for your convenience. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. is not responsible for the content of such other sites. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. does not endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other websites or their contents. If you decide to access another website linked to or from this website, you do so at your own risk.
(8) Inappropriate Material: You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
(10) Termination: You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this website at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this website at any time without notice.
(11) Disclaimers: YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE. THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. MAKES NO COMMITMENT AND ASSUMES NO DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE, CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES, OR MISAPPROPRIATION. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. MAKES NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS “CONSUMERS” IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY-FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENTS ACT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(12) Limitations of Liability: The information on this website is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including all warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability of any of the material on this website. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. makes no warranty that the website will be available, uninterrupted, free of errors, or free of viruses or other harmful components. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. makes no warranty that you will achieve successful results from following any instructions or directions on this website. Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. may provide links to third-party websites, and we are not responsible in any way for the content of or products or services offered on those websites.
IN NO EVENT WILL Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC., ITS RESPECTIVE MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, RETAIL PARTNERS NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS WEBSITE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THIS WEBSITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH WEBSITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEBSITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCT THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR REMEDY, IF ANY, IS TO SEEK A RETURN AND REFUND FOR SUCH PRODUCT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETURN POLICY POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
(13) Revisions to these Terms and Conditions: Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. may, at its discretion, revise, amend, or remove these Terms and Conditions at any time. You should visit this page periodically to review the current Terms and Conditions, which are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages of this website.
(14) Choice of Law/Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and Link 2 Life Emergency Training INC. to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to this website shall be brought only in the courts of California or the United States District Court for the Districts of California. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions shall be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.